Safe Driving Tips During Halloween
Updated: Jul 25
Drive slowly, and don't pass stopped vehicles. The driver might be dropping off children.
1. Park your mobile phone. Avoid distractions by waiting until you've stopped to call, text, or surf.
2. Watch for children darting into the street. Kids can cross the street anywhere, and most young pedestrian deaths happen at spots other than intersections.
3. Yield to young pedestrians. Children might not stop, either because they don't see your vehicle approaching or don't know how to safely cross the street.
4. Communicate with other drivers. Always use your turn signals. And if you have to pull over to drop off or pick up your kids, turn on your hazard lights.
5. If you have little ones trick or treating, be sure the light them up with some glow sticks or reflective clothing.
Seymour's Garage Auto Repair wishes you to stay safe this Halloween!